Come stay and enjoy a most unique and beautiful home in Historic Anchorage. An 1876 home, designated as a Kentucky Landmark in 1979 by Gov. Julian Carroll, this home is country Victorian on the outside with striking contemporary architectural features on the inside that include cathedral ceilings that tower 17 feet, crown molding, five fireplaces, skylights, wood beams, as well as a wall of opaque etched glass separating rooms. The entire house has been totally refurbished.
This unique home is nestled on two acres containing a full array of mature trees, shrubs, and a circular driveway. The entire home is encased with a four-board horse fence so that the swimming pool, fountains, surrounding gardens, and stone walls would feel as if one is in a park-like setting. The gardens have an assortment of water features, as well as bronze, marble, and stone sculptures.
The home features an extensive art collection! The décor can best be described as eclectic; an interesting juxtaposition of old and new furnishings and original art.
- sleeps six
- three bedrooms or two potential master suites and one bedroom
- two queen and one full bed
- two bathrooms and one half-bath in the main home
- pool with diving board
- pool house includes an extra full bath room
- wireless Internet
- 20 minutes from Churchill Downs
- 20 minutes from Louisville International Airport
- minutes from major shopping and entertaining areas
- $5,750 for three-night stay (Thursday through Sunday), additional days are negotiable
- rental agreement required
- please, no smoking inside or pets